Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
pheasant hunt
Last Post 22 Mar 2010 04:58 PM by boogieman47. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
boogieman47User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 boogieman47
--
04 Jan 2010 10:41 AM

Hello, I am currently deployed overseas but am returning state side soon. I am looking to hunt pheasants in north or south dakota in the fall of 2010. I have a setter pup and well trained lab but have not hunted outside of wisconsin. Have never been to the dakotas but I've heard lots of good things on the birds there. I can offer a river walk/float trip for small mouth and musky (depends on time of year and how much rain we get) or a boat trip for northerns and musky in north central wisconsin. Also can provide a stand if you are in the lottery for a bear tag here. My son and /or daughter may occompany myself and the dogs. Lookinng for a fair chase type hunt of wild birds. Public land is OK as long as there is a chance to see a few birds on say a 3-4 day hunt. Anyone interested in helping a troop out?

kolsonUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:9 kolson
    --
    01 Mar 2010 09:42 AM
    Hi!
    I would love to help a troop out!! We actually take people hunting at our family farm in SE South Dakota...around 2000+ acres of prime (wild!) pheasant hunting! We guide hunters throughout the season and it's a very good possibility that you could join up with some of our hunters. We breed and train Labs so Im happy to hear that you have one! You are more than welcome to bring your dogs and kids (just wondering how old they are?) if you want. My husband is an avid hunter: fishing, bow hunting, rifle hunting and pretty much anything you can imagine so a fishing trip would probably thrill him! Plus, i would love to go on a fishing trip and get out of town for awhile! Hope to hear back from you soon!
    Thanks, Kelly
    boogieman47User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 boogieman47
    --
    16 Mar 2010 06:30 PM
    Hello Kelly,
    That sounds so awesome! I returned home at the end of January safe and sound and am now back at my civilian job. My son is 21 and my daughter is 18. We are in the north central part of the state (Price Co) and yes it is quite tranquil up here if you are looking to get away. Our bass season doesn’t open till June but musky and northern are earlier as are walleye and panfish Any ideas on what you would like to go for? I can get the dates on the seasons if you wish.

Thank you for getting back to me.
    kolsonUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:9 kolson
    --
    19 Mar 2010 07:11 AM
    Hi,
    glad to hear your home and I am still thinking about what we would like to do!? I didn't even mention this to my hubby yet and need to let him know so he can decide...I will do that tonight and it would be great if you could get the dates of seasons for us then we would know for sure. I will get back to you as soon as possible and try to get something worked out!

Thanks so much!!
    Kelly
    --
    22 Mar 2010 04:58 PM
    Hi Kelly,
    I had guard drills this weekend so i was a little late getting back to you. Here are the dates as they are listed on the DNR website. We live in the Ceded territory so the walleye season and bag limits are subject to change after the spearing is finished.
    2010 Fishing Seasons
    Early Inland Trout
    March 6 (5 a.m.) to April 25

General Inland Trout
    May 1 (5 a.m.) to Sept. 30

Large and Smallmouth Bass Northern Zone Catch and Release
    May 1 to June 18

Large and Smallmouth Bass Northern Zone Harvest
    June 19 to March 6, 2011

Large and Smallmouth Bass Southern Zone
    May 1 to March 6, 2011

Musky - Northern Zone
    May 29 to Nov. 30

Musky - Southern Zone
    May 1 to Dec. 31

Northern Pike
    May 1 to March 6, 2011

Walleye
    May 1 to March 6, 2011

Lake Sturgeon
    Sept. 4 to Sept. 30 (hook-and-line)

If you want the regulations, I can get that too or you may try this

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/licenses.htm

Talk at you soon
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com