Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Youth o/u
Last Post 16 Jan 2010 12:36 AM by Hillbilly. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
09 Jan 2010 04:55 PM

I know that Stouger makes one but does anyone else?

Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    09 Jan 2010 10:37 PM
    Ruger makes one in the 28 gauge. I think Tristar makes one too.........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    10 Jan 2010 09:46 AM
    Thanks Bob
    Life's Short Play Hard
    freefallgspUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:65 freefallgsp
    --
    13 Jan 2010 10:45 PM
    I'd take a look into the Remington Baikals. I got mine last year (it's a 20ga and not really a youth, bought it was a shorter stock because I suffer from some shorter arms!) and it works wonderful. I haven't had any problems, I got mine relatively cheap for 1200 at your local Gander Mountain... Cabela's should have it too. I'd take a look at a Steven's/Stephen's model too, I know a guy from tests that uses his regularly while grouse hunting and training. This model is a little cheaper but it holds up the same.

Jessica
    Home Of:

Suma Kiss of Kings MH

Hunter's Ridge Sinking the Bismarck MH
    Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"A good bird dog is only as good as your aim, as the proof is always in the bag." - Unknown
    --
    14 Jan 2010 10:11 AM
    I got 3 20ga sxs's in the Biakali they do work good but I'm looking for something special for my daughter. She is a great outdoors girl at only 11 almost 12 she has been on more hunts since she could walk then most grown men even seen a bear come at dad once. So I'm looking for something really neat for her. But I could always get the Remington and have my gun guy redo the wood and fit it to her. She has a Browning BSP upland that I had cut down for her but she says she wants a o/u to go with her new GSP pup. If you have time could you send me a link on the one you got or a pic. Thanks
    Life's Short Play Hard
    freefallgspUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:65 freefallgsp
    --
    14 Jan 2010 01:12 PM
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/rcpilotjae/PA050004.jpg

Identical to mine. It's the sporting clays model with the two bead rib if that helps you any. It's a very nice gun with very blonde colored wood. I'm sure your daughter would like it because it is very pretty. I had mine cut down an inch and just put the butt's recoil pad put back on so it was cut down.

This gun replaced my Stoeger Condor (Mod) in 20 and in 12. I sent back the 20 because it fell apart on the first 50 rounds shot through it. Stoeger sent me the 12, and after about 8 months the stock cracked and the gun broke in training. So far I can say I'm not too impressed with the Condors, but it was a pretty nice gun for the price while it lasted. It'd take a look at the SKB 100 too, it's a SxS but I've heard good things about those guns as well.
    Home Of:

Suma Kiss of Kings MH

Hunter's Ridge Sinking the Bismarck MH
    Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"A good bird dog is only as good as your aim, as the proof is always in the bag." - Unknown
    --
    14 Jan 2010 01:14 PM
    Thank You it sounds like it would go with pink.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    15 Jan 2010 01:30 PM
    Ed, Stevens has a Model 512 Gold Wing in 20 gauge that you may want to consider. Wholesalehunter.com has 2 in stock now for $497.00. The ones in stock have 26" barrels. I found one in like new condition at a local Pawn Shop for my Father-in-Law for $350.00. It is now in his gun locker and he is very satisfied with it. For such an inexpensive price, this little beauty comes with 5 mobile chokes, fleur de lis checkering and gold inlaid pheasants (not really inlaid but attached) on each side of the case colored receiver. Not a bad gun and certainly better than your "average" starter gun for a youth.

TB
    "I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    15 Jan 2010 09:16 PM
    ED, It seems to me, and I can't find it on the Remington Website that Spartan the old Baikal make a 28 gauge that could have a youth model included. If I find ouit for sure I'll let you know.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    16 Jan 2010 12:36 AM
    Thanks
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com