Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Danner Boots
Last Post 30 Nov 2011 06:51 AM by Porknbeans. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
13 Jan 2010 05:54 PM

Ok guys I've wore Danner boots for 13 years I've owned 5 or six different styles but the Pronghorn has to be the best boot I've ever worn out of the box. I got 2 1/2 years out of a pair of Rain Forests and I hunt a lot but these Pronghorns are even more comfortable. Some people hate Danners. I've heard it all but if they are no good you can take them back. I have yet to have a pair leak in the first year and ahalf and most last over 2 years. Heck I buy them for my kids at my house we buy at least 2 pairs a year for us or the kids. So I want to hear your guys's input on them.

Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    14 Jan 2010 06:14 PM
    I hear they are not as good lately since they are being made outside the U.S. It could just be the guys I hear talking.......Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    15 Jan 2010 08:39 AM
    I make sure the ones that I buy were made in the US
    Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    18 Jan 2010 11:19 AM
    I prefer Danners. I've had good luck with them except for the waterproofing giving out rather quickly. They are incredibly comfortable though right out of the box.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    --
    18 Jan 2010 07:45 PM

I wonder if I have a leak sometimes. But I'll be in and out of a creek hunting the next day and stay dry. The pair I wear for hunting is not the same pair I wear for work. I even got a pair of Romeos (slippers) in Danner.

Life's Short Play Hard
    A Girl's BenelliUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:8 A Girl's Benelli
    --
    28 Feb 2010 10:30 AM
    I love my Danner Pronghorns, but my husband wear through his WAY to fast. He will goes through 2 pairs a season.
    --
    28 Feb 2010 07:24 PM
    My oldest boy is that way.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    DoubleGunUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:11 DoubleGun
    --
    14 Oct 2010 08:52 AM
    We have worn Danner's quite a bit. The 453 hiking boot is our preference, works very well in the grasslands and seems to hold up all season long. We are much less concerned about waterproofing and instead comfort and keeping our feet cool is more of a priority. Because we wear a full leather boot for our desert hunts we will go through two-three pairs of boots per season.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    09 Dec 2010 06:31 AM
    I won a pair of Irish Setter boots and gave them a chance earlier this season. They were super nice except I think boot manufacturers believe that Pheasant hunters must walk only walk on dry, flat terrain. These boots have no traction and it got annoying. The heal box was also way too big and they caused blisters so bad I had to finally give the boots away. I ordered a new pair of Danner Grouse boots online and got them a couple of weeks ago. They replaced a pair of the exact same boots I bought several years ago. When I tried the new boots on (in the exact same size as the old ones) they were way too small. I had to send them back to the place I bought them and I'm still waiting on the replacements.
    lloydUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 lloyd
    --
    25 Apr 2011 04:38 PM
    buy Nik Boots made in Spokane Wa. very well made boot. u won't be buying two pair of boots a year u will be buying one pair of boots every three years no junk and they feel so good
    --
    27 May 2011 09:20 AM
    I've never heard of them. Do they have a website? Can you buy them all over the country?
    --
    27 May 2011 09:20 AM
    Did you mean Nike?
    Chris LarsenUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:13 Chris Larsen
    --
    29 Nov 2011 11:07 PM
    I've been wearing my Irish Setters for a few years now. They are great boots and very lightweight. My buddy has a pair just like them and he says they are junk and won't stay dry. I've never had a problem with mine. Sometimes the factory just churns out a few bad pairs I guess.
    --
    30 Nov 2011 06:51 AM
    I finally got my Danners at the end of the season last year.Now that I have the better part of a season under them I can say they are just as good as the last pair I had.

Chris, I agree with you. My son has Irish Setters and they work really well for him.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com