Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Amazing
Last Post 18 Jan 2010 07:43 PM by Hillbilly. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
--
14 Jan 2010 01:12 PM

Ok I got to get this out. The ODFW here tells our papers and magizine people that there are birds (Mostly chukars) in areas that have been over hunted already. Now most of us here in Oregon are unemployed or just hoping our jobs to hang on. So we don't need to waste our time and mostly money  on a place that is really not worth hunting. I know it is about the experience but it would be nice to get into birds. One of these very well publised spots is near my home and I hunt it a lot yes I know were the birds are but every weekend we go down and there are rigs parked every where looking for birds most of the guys read about the good bird hunting there (which is far fetched at best). So to sum this up and sence I'm not running 20 dogs anymore get on this forum and ask me about these spots that you read about I'll give you a straight and truthful anwser maybe even tell you were the birds really are. I do think if ODFW would put some of the money into Game Birds and not just Big Game it would be nice.

Life's Short Play Hard
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    18 Jan 2010 12:05 PM
    Unfortunately it all has to do with dollars. We don't have the support for upland hunting here either, but I understand it is a question of economics. Deer, turkey and fishing are the 3 kings in my parts. I just hope to not loose any ground on what is already being done.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    18 Jan 2010 07:43 PM
    Elk and Deer here with a little turkey mixed in. I'm not mad at them I wish they would just wake up and do something for upland hunting.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com