Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Sporting Clays Guns
Last Post 28 May 2010 09:23 AM by Hillbilly. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
--
14 Feb 2010 07:55 PM

Have 2 things to ask:

1) Has anyone scene the new Browning Maxus Sporting Clays Model? Any opinions?

2) If you had $3000.00 dollars to spend, what would be the best quality over under sporting clays gun available?

Just looking for opinions.

Brady

BrowndogUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:35 Browndog
    --
    22 Feb 2010 06:52 PM

Just today my Dad picked up a new Browning 625 Sporting. Very nice feel - similar dimensions to my 525. If I were out looking for a new one, I'd want to get my hands on this CG , just to see how it feels. http://www.gueriniusa.com/gun_model...html 

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    23 Feb 2010 07:00 AM

I'm sure it wouldn't fit in your hands as well as mine BD! But then again I'm sure it wouldn't bring down as many birds (live or clay) in mine either!

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    24 Feb 2010 10:14 AM
    I seen the video on the Maxius and it looks good but the company that makes the gun isn't going to make a bad video. I love Browning shotguns but not an auto fan. As for the gun I would buy it would be a Browning Cynergy.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
    --
    24 Feb 2010 05:10 PM

Just wondering why the Cynergy and not some of their other models. Just trying to do comparisons??

freefallgspUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:65 freefallgsp
    --
    25 Feb 2010 11:52 AM

Why the Cynergy? I work at a gun club (trap and sporting clays only), and I can tell you why I've noticed more and more of our shooters using Browning Cynergy's vs Citori's for Sporting Clays -- the XT and Citori guns are longer barreled and were made specifically for trap and skeet shooting. There is also more of a heavier front end on them, which allows more of a follow through and less of a stop when swinging through a target. This is also why if you've noticed the fore-stock on the gun appearing more wide on the front. More wood, normally means a little more weight added.

The Cynergy is more balanced in weight, like a Beretta Silver Pigeon (higher up in price, but an excellent clays and hunting gun) and therefore an excellent sporting clays gun but not a really good choice for trap shooting. Sporting clays guns also tend to have a better swing and stop when it comes to sporting clays where you might encounter obstacles such as bushes and trees... or like in hunting situations (like what Sporting Clays was intended for) where you might need to suddenly stop in your window of opportunity.

I would use a Beretta Silver Pigeon (any number), SKB Sporting, Browning Cyngery/Sporting/or even the Sporting Clays edition... I would even go to using a Remington Upland Premier series that you could find at a Gander Mountain.

However, what I would do, is find a place to shoot at a few targets with someone's Cynergy or whichever gun you are looking at purchasing. Get a feel for the gun before you buy it, as I have heard that many people don't like the Cynergy because it kicks too much. I've also heard that SKB Sporting is too light... it's all on personal preference. I shoot my 20ga Remington Baikal for hunting, sporting, and trap and I don't have any issues against it (yet). Some sporting clays guns are "iffy" when it comes to buying them. You wont know what you like until you shoot one. Adjustable combs are nice on clays guns and trap guns, especially if you need to put on an AirTec stock or PFS to minimize the recoil.

Home Of:

Suma Kiss of Kings MH

Hunter's Ridge Sinking the Bismarck MH
    Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"A good bird dog is only as good as your aim, as the proof is always in the bag." - Unknown
    --
    25 Feb 2010 03:35 PM

Thanks a million for the info, the next time I am at the club I will try a Cynergy.

NYclaybreakerUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 NYclaybreaker
    --
    29 Apr 2010 10:58 AM
    I've been shooting the sport since I was 12. I've competed in the last 5 state and national shoots ranking in the top 15 in my divisions every time. Each of these times I took a browning. BUT NOT A CYNERGY....I think this is the only gun Browning ever did wrong by. If I were you, with $3,000, I would put my money into the new 625 sporting. they are lighter and more well machined than the previous models.

HOWEVER, my coach, and soon my brother will be shooting Antonio Zoli's ZOLI KRONOS....Zoli has a range of models and guages, great customer service, and the stock is made to fit you from the start.
    --
    27 May 2010 08:05 PM

Thanks for the info, I ended up going with a Fabarm Elos sporting that I had fitted and am climbing the standings. I just hope to keep going.

Thanks again

Brady

GRINDEMUP 

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    28 May 2010 06:31 AM

Pictures? How about something from the range?

Talk is cheap my friend it costs money to buy whiskey!

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    28 May 2010 09:23 AM
    I got a bottle here really close so save your money. Lets see some pics.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com