Get Free Shipping on Dog Supplies and Upland Hunting Gear
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Dog Food
Last Post 09 Mar 2010 07:07 PM by Hillbilly. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JakeAndCashUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 JakeAndCash
--
05 Mar 2010 10:57 AM

Hey everyone! We all take the time to train our dogs, and do what is necessary to help our dogs in every way right? How many people overlook what they feed their dogs though? I thought long ago if I bought a brand name bag, my dog would be getting good food right? WRONG! Price isn't always relevant either. I figured if I am going to spend a lot of money on my dog, I want him to live as long as possible. Guys, please.... get educated about dog food, or I will try and help you too. I am not a food representative. I can give unbiased opinions. If you want help, you can start by looking at DOGFOODANALYSIS.COM for beginners. Just remember large breeds, and puppies have different nutritional needs with protein, calcium, calories, fat, etc..... I can really get into this topic, so let me hear from you, or research your dog food, especially its ingredients. You may be giving your dog something that creates allergies, or..... worse, you could be giving them a toxic pesticide that is allowable in some foods, to preseve the fat from getting rancid. It is in most foods! 

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    08 Mar 2010 07:22 AM
    Jake, welcome to the forum! I like your passion and agree with your ideals. What do you feed your dog? Why? Feel free to post away both here and on any other topic on the forum. It's nice to have you around.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    09 Mar 2010 07:07 PM
    Dog food is a huge thing everyone has their own ideas on it. I sold it and still just don't know. But I have a theory feed what you can afford and the dog does good on. A guy said once that if you mixed horse crap, anything dead, and grass up a dog would love it.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com