Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Where to hunt in South Dakota
Last Post 11 Oct 2012 02:53 PM by Todd H. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
turboUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:13 turbo
--
25 Mar 2010 07:03 AM

Could anyone let me where a good place to hunt is,I am coming out this fall and doing it on my own.There will be 3 hunters and 3 dogs.If a cost for hunting land please let me know.Thanks all the info will help

Turbo

Huntig birds without a good dog is not worth going out
    ICEUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 ICE
    --
    26 Aug 2010 12:44 AM

Turbo,

I was out in Pierre SD in July and if I would go back out bird hunting I would start in the grass lands we saw tons of birds.

Drake's PaigeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:4 Drake's Paige
    --
    16 Sep 2010 03:58 PM
    Hey Turbo,

I am from Ohio, have been out to SD for the past three years with my pointers. Have done the legwork and have set up a sweet deal with a local farmer to hunt, hotel to stay, and everything needed for a great week. Looking for hunting partners to make trip from Ohio with, or hook up with people while I am out there. The more people I can share expenses with, the more trips I can make out to SD.

I am not a guide, however I have my own dogs, and have done all the legwork to set things up. Would be interested in talking with you and maybe telling you about what I have arranged. IF it sounds good, then we'll be shooting at alot of birds, if not then no big deal.

Look forward to talking with you.
    Best Regards
    cocktailsncigarsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:11 cocktailsncigars
    --
    27 Sep 2010 10:12 PM

Heading to S.D. for the first time this year,,I have been wondering about hunting sharpies and pchickens any ideas if it is possible at all...

Ringneck Retreat Hunting LodgeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 Ringneck Retreat Hunting Lodge
    --
    01 Dec 2010 02:16 PM
    Ringneck Retreat is offering huge discounts to fill remaining open days in December. To inquire about dates available and discounts offered call Darik 605-350-1966. Also check us out on the web www.ringneckretreat.com
    cwUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:5 cw
    --
    14 Mar 2011 07:26 AM

I have been going north for the last few years, but the area's I 've been hunting New York and Maine are getting to old and the birds numbers are down. So I am looking for new areas to hunt. Unlike most of the guys that post, I am not what I would call a local hunter, meaning with in a state or two, I am comeing from North Carolina. For me it's a three day ride one way and with only ten days or so most of it is taken up rideing. The last time I was out there in 95 we did the rideing and asking thing with no luck. So I descided if I were going to try it again I would do my homework. So I started checking out the web. So far that's not working, most of the outfitters want groups of four or more, and to me that's a crowd. I like to hunt with two to three people and there dogs. I like shooting at just about anything that has feathers, but my number one is the GROUSE. This bird is why we don't call what we do killing, we call it hunting. For every one you get to see ten you don't see. I would like to find a few areas to hunt Grouse / Sharptail / P. chickens. Drop me a line at Rajidog@bellsouth.net. Looking forward to talking with you.

Wayne

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    27 May 2011 10:10 AM
    I wonder how the gas prices are going to effect hunting in the upper plains area this year. Has anyone seen any changes yet?
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    ScatterGunUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 ScatterGun
    --
    18 Apr 2012 11:56 AM
    I would recommend ScatterGun Lodge to your team. The lodge gives guided hunting tours to guests for three full days on 3000 acres of land, and the bird limit is 21 pheasants to every gun. They do offer their own retrievers, but you can bring your retrievers with you I'm sure. Their four night and three day pheasant hunt package is 3295 total per person, but that comes with the hunting, lodging, dining, retrievers, and the pheasants of course.

Check out their website: http://www.scattergunlodge.com/
    South Dakota Pheasant HunterUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:3 South Dakota Pheasant Hunter
    --
    09 May 2012 11:34 AM

Scattergun lodge is a very reputable pheasant hunting lodge. I have heard very good compliments about their operation.  We offer a less expensive, yet still upscale South Dakota Pheasant Hunting experience.  We own and hunt nearly 3000 acres of some of the finest pheasant hunting habitat in the South Dakota at Double P Ranch.  Our guests have the choice of fully- or self- guided pheasant, waterfowl, and archery whitetail hunting.  We offer lodging, top-notch pheasant hunting guides, and a chef-prepared dining experience for just $375/day/guest.  

Todd HUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:11 Todd H
    --
    11 Oct 2012 02:53 PM
    There is a lot of really good public ground. The heaviest concentration of birds is from Aberdeen to Mitchell. Best bet is to download the SD GFP atlas here http://gfp.sd.gov/hunting/areas/map...fault.aspx

If you are looking for a hunting preserve there is a full list here http://www.gamebirdhunts.com/Huntin...fault.aspx
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com