Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Tarheel Blue in the HOUSE!!!
Last Post 24 Jun 2011 07:54 AM by Porknbeans. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
--
03 Jun 2010 12:12 PM

Hey ya'll, been awhile since I checked in and added my .01 worth. Been working hard and trying to save enough pennies to buy some more shotshells before they continue to go through the roof. Hope all ya'll are doing well and counting down the days until bird season gets here. I've recruited another shotgunner to the game of sporting clays and he's hawg-wild over the game now. I need 1 more punch and then I'm officially in AA Class. Anybody looking to donate money as my sponsor, feel free to get in touch with me!! I'll make you famous and endorse your product. (Yeah RIGHT!!) Take care and BOYCOTT BP until the oil catastrophe is cleaned up in the Gulf. TB

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    03 Jun 2010 02:58 PM
    About time you show up.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    03 Jun 2010 05:44 PM
    Welcome home, glad to see you back. Drop by regularly and it is your turn to buy the beer..........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    04 Jun 2010 08:22 AM
    Great to hear from you. Congrats on almost getting your AA card. Good luck on achieving it this Summer.

Post pics of the new dog and sc rounds when you have a moment. Love to see them.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    04 Jun 2010 03:03 PM
    Someone say TB is buying the beer.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Brady-24-7User is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:41 Brady-24-7
    --
    04 Jun 2010 05:14 PM
    Tarheel I promise to donate some Canadian Shells in the fall. School will be done and I will be able to get my fix again.

Brady
    GRINDEMUP
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    11 Jun 2010 12:32 PM
    Geez, I guys I didn't mean to scare him off. I was just joking about buying the beer...........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    --
    11 Jun 2010 06:08 PM
    He just heard how much beer I can drink Bob. He'll be back.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    dogpowerUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:60 dogpower
    --
    13 Jun 2010 08:45 AM
    Hi gang. I've been absent here for a while too. I forgot my password and just found the post-it that I scribbled it down on.

Tarheel - I thought I'd let you know that I quit drinking a year and a half ago... should more than offset the amount of beer that Hillbilly drinks. That should ease you pain a little.
    --
    13 Jun 2010 10:06 AM
    I bought a 30 pack of Miller GD, last summer. I just started the second half of that 30 pack, I may have some left over by the end of this summer.........Bob
    --
    13 Jun 2010 11:07 AM
    Thanks Dogpower I bet that takes a load off TB. Have you been doing anything good lately?
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Tarheel BlueUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:105 Tarheel Blue
    --
    08 Jun 2011 12:40 PM

Well, another year has gone by. Dang time sure does fly. Hope you girls are still kicking. Historic snowfalls, floods, fires, & tornadoes sure have taken a toll on our country lately, but I hope all of you have come through unscathed. Maybe we'll survive the impending hurricane season that is now upon us down here in the coastal flatlands. Pulling out the trusty stackbarrel to practice up on some clay-busting. Got a few tourneys to enter. Trigger finger's kinda itchy.

"I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told and I win where I fight." - General George S. Patton
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    09 Jun 2011 02:52 PM
    TB, great to hear from you. I'm glad to see that you are still bangin' clays and kickin' around the neighborhood. I hope everything is still going well in your neck of the woods as well. Before we know it basketball and hunting seasons will be here again!
    --
    21 Jun 2011 01:17 PM
    Pork, last year, we went from school starting to football in the Fall, straight into UPWARD basketball and then 2 weeks before basketball ended, we started baseball. This weekend will be our All-Star tourney, so maybe that will be the end of sports for awhile until football again in the Fall. Oh yeah, did I mentioned we've just finished our first year of Cub Scouts??! (Guess who got nominated to step in as a Den Leader?) I think I bird hunted maybe 4 times last fall and maybe shot 5 rounds of sporting clays and 2 tournaments since June of last year. Now it's 99 degrees and we're in the middle of a major drought. The upside is I've seen more doves in the past month than I can remember this early in the year.
    --
    24 Jun 2011 07:54 AM
    Isn't it a wonderful ride and your schedule sounds familiar! My son is 14 (going into sophomore year) and is 6'3". He's playing baseball (tournaments every weekend through the first of August plus two games or practices a week), basketball (league on Sunday nights, practices twice a week and occassionally tournaments on weekends), lifting weights 4 times a week, running 4 times a week and finishing up a football camp. My daughter is 11 and plays on 2 different softball teams with games, practices and tournaments 2-3 times a week. Both are also starting summer school this week as well. When our summer concludes it's right into football for my son (with continued basketball practices/weights) and choir for my daughter.

It's crazy but I'm having a ball. I'm more happy with the fact that they are doing all this on their own. I don't have to ask if they want to play they ask me. If anything I'm the one asking how they plan on doing it all and make them figure it out.

This past Fathers day we had both kids playing in different tournaments in different cities. I was able to see both of them play. My wife apologized for having to do this on fathers day and I told her that I wouldn't have it any other way. It was one of the best fathers days I've had in a very long time. I smiled for the next two days!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com