Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
hillbilly I had a vision
Last Post 01 Jul 2010 03:09 PM by Hillbilly. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
griffUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:26 griff
--
30 Jun 2010 10:32 PM

Here's my version of how opening weekend will be.  Camped out by the pond. T bones on the grill, sourdough biscuts in the dutch oven. Crawdad shells all over the place. We sit by the fire with a bit of sippin whiskey looking back on the last couple days. Cole is crashed hard. His own dog and first birds, proud as proud can be. Josie worked perfect for him. He might have even got a limit. Emily is on cloud nine. She ran Ginger on her own and never missed a bird. Zane think his sh*t don't stink. The first day it shows that he didn't spend enough time with his dog. Some how Artemis pulls it together. She has no faults. It's the dog not the trainer. David is the master. Whiskey is a machine. He's on his home turf and doesn't miss a beat. We don't let Zane and David know how wll they've done. They pout ,no cell service and they can't talk with their thumbs We ride the hell out of them. They have done great and we are proud!! Then along comes Big Dan. His is covered eyebrow to elbow in huckleberry stains. He wants to hear about my finger and eating copenhagen. You and I don't do much shooting. Well you shoot, I miss. We are content to watch the kids. After all they are reason we do what we do. Hell if it turns out half as good as this I'll be happy.  Later.

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    01 Jul 2010 03:09 PM
    Sounds almost like last year.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com