New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
How Early Should I Strat Training My English Springer spanial
Last Post 04 Aug 2010 10:58 PM by Beankyu. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Chase MelchingUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 Chase Melching
--
13 Jul 2010 10:00 AM

I Have A 8 Week Old English Spring Spanial And I Want To Start Traning As Soon As Posible...

Would It Be Better To Wait Allital Bit Or Start A.S.A.P?

Bandit My Freind Right Threw It All Even Threw The Hunts With No Hope
    BobUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:550 Bob
    --
    13 Jul 2010 01:50 PM
    Start now but take it slow and easy about 10 minutes or less at a time. Just basic obedience, leash training that sort of stuff. Keep it simple and no pressure. Train the stuff that will help later on in he serious stuff. Come/here has to be #1 on that list. You cannot even effectively train retrieving without it.........Bob
    My Dog And I Are A Team. We Practice Every Day. I Always Trust Tony, He Knows More Than I do.
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    13 Jul 2010 04:09 PM
    Bob's right never to early and take it slow.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    optimus primeUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 optimus prime
    --
    01 Aug 2010 10:47 PM

DAY ONE!  Everything you do with this pup is training.  If you play "fetch the sock in the hallway", it is actually teaching the pup that you like it when he retreives.  When you get on to him for something it teaches him that you don't like that.  And when you let him tear things up, you teach him that the boss man likes it when I tear things up.  Like the other guys said, take it slow, have fun, and don't over do anything.  Don't play fetch until he gets bored.  3 or 4 hallway/backyard retreives a night is fun for all and won't overdo it.    I like the hallway because after you throw the sock and he goes and gets it he has no where to go except to bring it back to you.  If somehow he doesn't bring it back to you, Game is over.  Stop playing with him.  He will learn that in order to have fun with you he has to play by YOUR rules. 

Little pups are my favorite thing in the world.

BeankyuUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 Beankyu
    --
    04 Aug 2010 10:58 PM
    Thanks a lot for ur sharing.
    It's really wonderful.

[url=http://softwareoutsourcing.biz/services/website-design-development.html]Website Design[/url]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com