Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Hunting Trips 2010 Season
Last Post 19 Jul 2011 04:16 AM by birddoglover. 45 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
--
04 Aug 2010 06:30 AM

I've got a 3 day hunt planned to North Dakota at the end of October and a 3 day hunt planned to Iowa for the beginning of November.  I'm hoping to get back to Iowa to end the season, but that is weather dependant.  I'm open to try and hook-up with any of you gamebirdhunts members for a little hunt if you're interested too.  How about everybody else.  Any plans?  Details?  Hopes?  Hunting season is just around the corner so fill us in.

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    15 Aug 2010 07:22 AM
    western kansas,... anytime, anywhere pork'...
    I hope to make at least a half dozen trips down this season. I don't need much of an 'excuse' to make it seven!...
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    15 Aug 2010 02:57 PM
    I'll start hunting Grouse the 1st of September here in Oregon. Then Pheasants, Chukar, and Quail in October and still some Grouse to. Plan on going to Idaho and Washington this year a few times. It's weird only having 3 dogs but man are they going to get alot of ground time. I'm getting laid off probably the first part of October so I'll be hunting almost every day. Plus we have 4 elk tags and 4 deer tags.Hope you all have a great season.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    benelli bangerUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 benelli banger
    --
    19 Aug 2010 09:14 PM

Opening weekend in South Dakota. Following weekend in Nebraska. Next weekend in Kansas. Back to South Dakota the 2nd week  in November. Back to Kansas and Nebraska the following two weeks. I just love pheasant hunting!

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    20 Aug 2010 03:44 PM
    That sounds pretty darn good. Post some pics when you get back from your hunts bennelli banger.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    grouchyolddudeUser is Offline Happy Puppy Happy Puppy Send Private Message Posts:173 grouchyolddude
    --
    22 Aug 2010 06:39 AM

S. Dakota "The special resident-only season for pheasants is set for Oct. 9-11 on public hunting lands.

The main season for pheasant hunting will open on the standard third Saturday of October. Overall the main season is proposed to go Oct. 16 through Jan. 2, 2011."

Nebraska "Season Dates: October 31 thru January 31, 2010"

Kansas "November 13, 2010 - January 31, 2011"

mmmmmm.. not sure your 'time line' will work there B'banger... but it sure sounds like fun 
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY GUN
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    23 Aug 2010 08:46 AM
    Some good trips planned by people. Be sure to keep us posted and show pics if you have any.
    benelli bangerUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:2 benelli banger
    --
    28 Aug 2010 03:30 PM

Opening weekend in South Dakota. Opening weekend in Nebraska. Opening weekend in Kansas. Back to SD  the 2nd weekend in November. Kansas or Nebraska every weekend until January 31st of 2011. Can't wait. Also scored land owner permits to hunt antelope in Southeast Colorado. Looks like a busy season!

--
    31 Aug 2010 06:26 AM
    Wow! Some of you guys aren't going to let much grass grow under your feet are you.
    markvanUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:27 markvan
    --
    15 Sep 2010 03:47 PM
    Opening weekend in Iowa (if any birds)
    3rd week of Nov. in South Dakota
    Rem870 DaveUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:63 Rem870 Dave
    --
    16 Sep 2010 05:27 AM
    You guys must be independently wealthy, how can you afford all those out of state/non-resident licenses?

I am only hunting PA this year. Pheasant season is going to stink this year, they are only stocking 15,000 birds statewide and there is hardly any wild birds in the state. I might not even go out, upland bird hunting is getting to be a waste of time up here. I will stick to turkeys and deer instead. October 2nd through November 13 you will find me up a tree or in a ground blind, no walking the fields this year:-(.

Dave
    --
    16 Sep 2010 06:23 AM

On both of my tirps out of state I'm staying with friends so my lodging is free.  We also usually cook most of our meals in the house saving money that way.  I'm also going on one trip with a friend so my gas cost is cut in half.  Unfortunately, on that same trip I'm taking my son so any savings will easily be spent feeding a 14 year old.  Cripes, I'm almost ready to get a second job to keep the frig full the way that it is! 

--
    16 Sep 2010 06:25 AM
    markvan, I feel your pain. I'll be heading to Iowa but I'm not expecting very much. With numbers expected to be down double digits again it just keeps getting worse and worse. Good luck to you when you do go. If there is a silver lining, it looks like the crops are drying up sooner this year. Hopefully by opening day a good percentage of the crops will be off the fields.
    markvanUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:27 markvan
    --
    19 Sep 2010 06:49 PM
    Porknbeans, I know a lot of farmers in Iowa and I will get a full report from them during harvest if they are seeing any birds in the fields. Three really tuff wet springs in a row in the area that I hunt in Iowa!! HARD on bird numbers!! I work in the seed business so hunting pheasants is a good excuse to walk corn fields LOL
    BrianUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:15 Brian
    --
    20 Sep 2010 10:11 PM

I hunt alot of IL and Iowa going to try to get to SD this year.

LuciaLabUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:30 LuciaLab
    --
    21 Sep 2010 08:47 PM
    I am heading South Dakota this year the second week of the season. This will be my first time hunting true wild birds. I am looking forward to it, but I think the dog will have a lot more fun.
    cocktailsncigarsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:11 cocktailsncigars
    --
    23 Sep 2010 06:35 PM
    1st time to South Dakota 2nd week in November with a couple redneck dogs,,if we don't have a blast it will be our own fault...
    --
    24 Sep 2010 06:04 AM
    Lucia, enjoy the trip. I'm sure your lab will do great on those wild birds and you both will have a great time.
    --
    24 Sep 2010 06:06 AM
    Cocktailsncigars, welcome to the site. You'll have a blast in SD. Both from the fun you'll be having and the sound from your smokepoles. Keep us posted and chime in anywhere else on the forum you would like. Nice to have you on board.
    cocktailsncigarsUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:11 cocktailsncigars
    --
    25 Sep 2010 12:46 PM
    Also thinking about South Dakota sage grouse or prarie chickens ,,does that sound feasable, and if so any ideas of where to go to get it done,pheasant hunting in Huron, just thought maybe take a day or 2 and mix the bag.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com