Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Deer Season Itch, Careful It's Contagious!
Last Post 05 Nov 2010 05:19 AM by Rem870 Dave. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Rem870 DaveUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:63 Rem870 Dave
--
11 Aug 2010 11:20 AM

Deer season is coming fast!  I got the trail cameras in the woods, stands prepped and ready to be hung. Only 51 days left before the opener on bow season in Pennsylvania.  This year is going to be a good year for me, I can feel it already.  Is anyone else pumped about deer season this year in your home state or throughout the country? 

This year I am going to be a crew member, filming my hunts for a new hunting show that is on Direct TVs Pursuit Channel, Average Joes Huntin Show.  That's why this years hunting season will be special for me, what about you guys, anything special going on this year for you all? 

DaveYak

HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    20 Aug 2010 03:56 PM
    Good luck this season. I'm goin elk hunting tomorrow with my boy he has a youth cow tag that runs for 5 months.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    Rem870 DaveUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:63 Rem870 Dave
    --
    21 Aug 2010 07:10 AM
    Wow, that's a long season! I thought the 6 weeks of bow hunting I get to do in PA was a nice long season. I hope you guys can get one in bow range and your boy can bring down an elk with his bow. Has he ever shot one with the bow before? Good Luck!!!

My buddy is bow hunting Idaho for elk and mullies for the first time this year, I hope to go out there and hunt with him in the next few years. I think I remember you being in OR, but have you ever hunted around the Boise, ID area?

Dave
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    23 Aug 2010 03:37 PM
    No that's a rifle cow tag. We don't hunt elk with a bow at my house all my buddies do though. I work for Winners Choice Custom Bowstrings so we all hunt deer with a bow. My son that has the tag is only 13. Saw a herd of 150 elk last night but he wasn't with me. I've hunted birds around Boise but not big game got buddies that do though.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    24 Aug 2010 01:21 PM
    I was out in Washington for 3 years and didn't see 150 elk the whole time I was there! I hope you son is able to connect on an elk this year. I can't wait to bring my boys hunting, my 4 year old wants to go with me in the worst way. He doesn't understand that he is not quite old enough yet. I am thinking about getting him a Diamond Nuclear Ice for Christmas this year so he can try to shoot a real bow asap. Do you think 5 years old is to young? He is a big strong kid, 46"tall and he weighs 50lbs already.

Do you think that Winners Choice would want to be an episode sponsor for the show I am on? They would get their names mentioned and there company logo on the screen at least 12 times on National TV for $2,500, if they are interested. We are always looking for new sponsors, especially now since the show has signed for a second season. I think you said earlier that they already have a show but this would be advertising/marketing opportunity for the company.

Dave
    --
    24 Aug 2010 03:45 PM
    My son is 5 and he's been going with me sense he was 3 and same with the other 3 older one's. My little girl is 2 1/2 and I pack her out bird hunting when mama goes sense she was 6 months old. I start mine young my little boy killed his first grouse at 3 he's a big kid to hence his name Big Dan. Winners Choice might do it give them a call I don't have the number on me but can get it for you and if I see the big boss when I go up to shoot I'll talk to him about it. He is a good guy worked in the mills just like the rest of us did. Makes it really nice to work for him. If you get some time check out HECS there is a website it's a new product that conseals your bodys electros and it really works. Ya my son will get his elk along with all the other kids in my house we hunt none stop. We just looked at the pics of that huge herd last night. I see elk like that alot not usually during season though. The elk have just barely started bugling here and they come into the field below my house and scream all night when the rut gets heavy talk about a way to start the morning.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    --
    25 Aug 2010 07:23 AM
    I am thinking I will definitely get him the bow this year then. He already comes out scouting and checking the cameras with me. Last time out we were able to stalk within 100 yards of a couple does, he really enjoyed that.
    If you could please talk to the big boss man about the sponsorship idea first and feel him out before Average Joes Huntin Show/Head Bone Productions contacts him? Please let me know what he says and could you give me his contact info? The HECS product looks really good, I would like to try it as a base layer. I will definitely contact them and see if they would be interested in the episode and show sponsorship/advertising opportunity as well. Do you know anyone at that company?

Dave
    --
    14 Sep 2010 02:33 PM
    Hillbilly,

Just to keep you informed, HECS said that product was all they we able to do as far as sponsorship, it is better than nothing for the show and their crew but an episode sponsorship would have been better. No news about anything going on with Winners Choice though.

Thanks.

Dave
    --
    14 Sep 2010 02:33 PM
    Hillbilly,

Just to keep you informed, HECS said that product was all they we able to do as far as sponsorship, it is better than nothing for the show and their crew but an episode sponsorship would have been better. No news about anything going on with Winners Choice though.

Thanks.

Dave
    Rowan Lewis AfricaUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:1 Rowan Lewis Africa
    --
    27 Oct 2010 08:55 AM

Morning Gents! Nice to hear you talking about hunting with the family, doing shows and the like. I am just new to the USA based in PA for now. I know the seasons are all a little different here to what I am used to but I am trying to make some friends in the industry. I have been a Prof. Hunter in Zimbabwe for 18 years and still guide a few hunts each year on the Dark Continent, but have turned to doing mission work also and teach Wilderness Emergency Medicine too - especially for hunters, guides and outdoor trip leaders. Now in the States and missing the bush - I would love to get into hunting here, maybe do some writing and who knows, perhaps get involved in a show? Of course I know very little about whitetails and the like but that may be to my benefit...
    Keep your kids in the woods (bush) and you'll keep them off the street. May I suggest that every child is a unique individual - they will all feel and do a little differently from each other. However, we are teaching them a lifestyle not a hobby. I believe that taking the life of a creature is a sombre thing, no matter what it is. Always couple it with honour and respect of the animal, and for the Creator who gave it to us. With these principles in place in our demonstration and teaching, age limit to start kids is all in the character and physical ability of the kid. Just don't let killing something become the mark-of-a-man you get them trying to aim at, but rather Respect and Honour for Life. Good hunting - Rowan

--
    05 Nov 2010 05:19 AM
    Rowan, Welcome to the forum! Where in PA are you based? I grew up in PA and now live back in the state.

Yak
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com