Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Dog Boots
Last Post 15 Oct 2010 04:20 PM by Hillbilly. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DoubleGunUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:11 DoubleGun
--
14 Oct 2010 11:21 AM

This topic may be more suited to another area but I post it here because it can be a very important peice of gear. What I would like to know is who uses boots on their dogs, what type, when and why and what problems if any you have with them. If you could have any modifications to the boots what would they be?

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    15 Oct 2010 06:59 AM
    I've used 2 kinds of boots on my dog. While it was fun to watch her prance around the first time with them on I won't be using them on her again. They are slippery, didn't fit very well (no matter what I did) and I was more nervous about her slipping and ripping up a tendon than worrying about her paws. If I were running in the dessert area, I might consider them again, but otherwise no way.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    HillbillyUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:706 Hillbilly
    --
    15 Oct 2010 04:20 PM
    My turn. I use motor cycle inner tube's and duct tape. Cut the tube long enough for the it to go up the leg, and I leave the other end open so rocks and other stuff can fall out but you can leave it long enough to fold it under. I tape it to the leg loosely. It is the cheapest and best boot you will use. We use it when we Chukar hunt if that says anything. Good luck and Pork is right it is funny to watch them prance around.
    Life's Short Play Hard
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com