Free Shipping when you Spend $125 in our Store
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 2

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Hunting vest for dogs
Last Post 11 Nov 2010 12:12 PM by CClaing. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CClaingUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:16 CClaing
--
10 Nov 2010 12:11 PM

I have a GSP. She weighs about 55 pounds. I have been searching for a neoprene hunting vest for her for duck hunting. I live in Oregon and hunt on the coast. The weather is not as bad as some places in the US but it gets cold. I have went to Cabalas web site and read reviews but I can't make up my mind. I borrowed a friends vest and it was not the greatest fit for her. Is there anybody out there that has smaller labs or GSP that could give suggestions or tips for a good fitting vest. Thank you!

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    11 Nov 2010 07:53 AM
    I don't use a neoprene vest on my dog so I'm not going to be much help. I have a vest with cordura on it and it seems to hold the heat in and protect her. I don't think it would do very well in a duck hunting situation however.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    CClaingUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:16 CClaing
    --
    11 Nov 2010 12:12 PM
    Thanks for the in-put though. I think I am just going to have to do a trial and error until I find the right one. Either that or get out the sewing machine and make a custom fit one. But who has the time in the middle of hunting season.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com