Pheasants Forever
Top Banner
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
Bad News
Last Post 01 Mar 2011 05:27 PM by Porknbeans. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
markvanUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:27 markvan
--
31 Jan 2011 07:39 PM

I took my 2 year old lab into the vet for yearly shots and checkup, vet finds that one of the lymph nodes on Moses neck is a LITTLE enlarged, I decide to have test done and the news could not have been worse--- cancer--- 2 different vets have given Moses 1-2 months to live with no treatment, with chemo 9-12 months, cost of chemo $5,000. I cannot afford the chemo and would not want that for myself. We have decided to go homeopathic treatment--no beef or pork in diet all poultry water fowl lamb and rice along with other off the wall remedies. Two weeks later Moses is eating and drinking close to normal, does not have near the energy as he did in Nov. hunting in S.D. ---BUT we have hope !!!! As a 2 year old pup Moses has shown as much promise as any dog I have ever seen, has as much drive and want to as any trial dog that ever went to the line !!! Hope the vets are all wrong and homeopathic Doc. is right.

PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    01 Feb 2011 07:50 AM
    I'm so sorry to hear the news but I'm also glad to hear that there is improvement. I would like to hear more about what you are doing. Can you fill me in on some of the details? Most importantly, keep us posted with updates on Moses.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    markvanUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:27 markvan
    --
    01 Feb 2011 10:42 AM
    We have changed Moses dry dog food to Taste of the Wild(poultry and water fowl based) Iams soft (chicken based), sea salt--helps PH toward more alkaline and trace elements, BioPlasma for electrolites, EZ Clear-herbal remedy for cancer

this change in diet plus suppliments seem to be helping with wieght gain and energy !! time will tell
    I was feeding Moses Eukanuba and ran out when in SD and started him on Hills Scienc Diet--- have heard from other dog owners that health on dogs went down hill fast on change --not saying this dog food was reason for cancer showing up but may have sped the cancer cells up ???
    Foremost MediaUser is Offline Pheasant Chick Pheasant Chick Send Private Message Posts:97 Foremost Media
    --
    04 Feb 2011 02:58 PM
    Man Mark,

I feel for you. Keep us posted.

Jon
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    16 Feb 2011 10:44 AM
    Mark any update?
    --
    20 Feb 2011 02:29 PM
    Moses eats very little, never know from day to day what he will eat, has quit eating raw meat, than eat cooked hamburger now only eats scrambled eggs. The liver swelling has gone down and today Moses has more energy to play retreiveing games, but VERY skinny only skin and bones, but the swelling from liver going down and more energy gives me a little hope. Every day he stays alive and shows improvement on a limited basis gives hope even though that hope is small. This has been all natural fight against the cancer no western meds that will harm the bodies ability to beat the cancer cells, does not look good in the long run BUT there is still HOPE !!!
    THANKS for your concern, it does mean alot that "dog nerds" care !!!
    --
    24 Feb 2011 05:57 PM
    We had to put Moses down today, his spirit was gone, but I did play retrieve with him this morning and he held his head up and wagged his tail !!! after that he just laid down and did not want to get back up --- Moses we will miss you so much, you gave us many fond memories in the 2 short years we had with you!!!!! UNTILL WE MEET AGAIN !!!
    --
    01 Mar 2011 05:27 PM
    Mark I'm sorry for your loss. May Moses rest in peace when he's not chasing pheasants in heaven.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com