Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
steel shot
Last Post 14 Dec 2011 07:29 PM by birdshot. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
birdshotUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:25 birdshot
--
22 Jul 2011 09:06 PM

I am looking at trying a couple of national wildlife refuges this fall, that allow pheasant hunting with non toxic shot? I primarily hunt with 16 gauge. What non toxic loads are available in 16 gauge, and  recommended for pheasant. I do have a 12 gauge, but prefer to carry the 16 gauge. 

birdshotUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:25 birdshot
    --
    14 Dec 2011 07:29 PM
    I will answer my own post. I have been using steel #2 shot. Seems a little large but they really knock a pheasant down. I choose #2 because that was all the gunshop had in 16 gauge. 1 1/8 Federals. I might look for some #4, but for now the dueces are coming up aces.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com