New Puppy? Check Out the Kennel and Cover Package Deal
Top Banner
Pheasants Forever
Register   Login
Game Bird Hunts Store

Harpole's Ad

Harpole's Main Ad 3

Pheasant Hunting Forums:

In case you are looking for the old hunting forums - they have been archived and moved to Archived Hunting Forums
2011 Season
Last Post 30 Jan 2012 07:31 PM by birdshot. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
--
29 Nov 2011 11:46 AM

I've made 1 trip to North Dakota and 1 trip to Iowa.  Surprisingly, we had great luck at both locations.  Granted I hunted private land that was either cultivated for habitat, had low hunting pressure or both.  I would like to make one more trip to Iowa but I don't think I'm going to be able to manage it.  It might be local stuff and game farms for the rest of the season.  What has everyone else been up to?  Had any luck?

Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    Chris LarsenUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:13 Chris Larsen
    --
    30 Nov 2011 12:20 AM
    Didn't make it out of state this year but managed to scratch out a few birds in Sconnie. Some in Southwest and some in Northwest. Iowa is way down by all accounts but everyone I talk to says if there is good habitat, there are birds. That's the issue in Iowa. Price of corn is too good for these guys to pass up and the feds aren't paying like they used to. BTW, we saw and heard a ton of grouse throughout the fall in Clark County Forest. You best be making the trip Pork.
    PorknbeansUser is Offline Master Hunter Master Hunter Send Private Message Posts:542 Porknbeans
    --
    30 Nov 2011 07:37 AM
    As much as I want to get up North and chase some Grouse I just never seem able to do it. I'll be going up for a long weekend over Christmas. Hopefully I'll find some time to get out then.

I've been out 4-5 times here in Wisconsin but I've been skunked. Granted I didn't get out until after the middle of November so most of the stocked birds are gone. I'm going to give Evansville a couple more tries and I've heard good things from the Goose Lake area.
    Porknbeans Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
    birdshotUser is Offline Pheasant Egg Pheasant Egg Send Private Message Posts:25 birdshot
    --
    30 Jan 2012 07:31 PM

Put my shotgun up today. I could not get over how warm it has been all season, but especially today. I was hunting in southwest Nebraska. Though I did not find any birds today, this has been my best season for pheasant since I moved to Nebraska 8 years ago.  

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Register With GameBirdHunts.com Now

What are you waiting for?  Registration only takes a few minutes and it is completely free.  As a registered user you can set up your profile, make friends with other upland hunters, post on our hunting forums and more.  Click here to register with Gamebirdhunts.com

Already A Member?  Please Log In Now

Once you become a registered member this page will display your messages, notifications and updates from the site as well as your friends on Gamebirdhunts.com