Roasted Pheasant with Grilled Vegetables, Tomatoes & Basil Chutney
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes | Servings: 2-4
This is a great use for leftover pheasant. Try it on Foccaccia or Italian bread.
Place green pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash in a bowl; drizzle with oil.
Season with salt, pepper & garlic granules - toss to mix seasonings.
Heat skillet to high, with small amount of oil in pan. Place vegetable mix in pan and cook until tender-crisp. Remove.
Toast bread in pan until golden crisp on both sides. You may want to baste small amount of olive oil on sides.
To build, place one side of bread on plate. Place sliced pheasant on bread.
Top with chutney, and your choice of other toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.) and lid of bread. Serve veggies on side. Enjoy!
- Precooked pheasant, bones & skin removed
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced at an angle
- 1/2 yellow squash, sliced at an angle
- 1 tomato, sliced for sandwiches
- 1 jar Basil Pesto
- 1tsp Oil (olive is nice for this recipe)
- 1 loaf Foccaccia or other favorite bread
Recipe submitted by: Executive Chef Robert L. Gamble of the Janesville Country Club