Prep Time: 1 hour | Cooking Time: 3-4 Hours | Servings: 4-6
This soup is good served over Chinese noodles with one cup of shredded cheese on top.
In a heavy pot combine cooked squirrel and chicken and all ingredients. Cook in a slowly, stirring occasionly, for three to four hours or until thick.
If the soup doesn't get thick, you may add broken, uncooked spaghetti and cook until thick.
- 4 squirrels, cooked, boned reserve broth
- 2 frying chickens, cooked, boned reserve broth
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 4-5 carrots, sliced
- 1 (16 ounces) can cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounces) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 hot peppers
- 7-8 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounces) can water chestnuts, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 1/2 cups squirrel broth or chicken broth
Recipe Submitted by: Executive Chef Robert L. Gamble of the Janesville Country Club