Prep Time: Soak 3 days | Cooking Time: 6-8 hours | Servings: 12+
It is a spicy but great a recipe. Very inexpensive compared to the store boughten stuff.
Mix all ingredients together extremely well.
Refridgerate for 3 days. Mix well once every day. Use a Jerky Gun to make strips and cook in a food dehydrator as directed by manufacture. Or in the oven on the lowest setting with the door slightly open untill desired dryness.(6hrs)
- 6 lbs ground venison
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 8 teaspoons table salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (can use extra)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 3 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
Recipe Submitted by: Executive Chef Robert L. Gamble of the Janesville Country Club