Pineapple Baked Chuckar
Prep Time: 20-25 min Cooking Time:45 min-1 hour Servings: 4-6
Recipe Comments: Easy and simple way to serve quail, cornish game hens. Serve with a rice pilaf and a simple green salad.
Recipe Instructions: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange breast side down in a 10 inch square baking dish or 3 qt. casserole; set aside.
In small bowl, blend pineapple juice, worcestershire sauce, mustard, rosemary and cornstarch. Pour pineapple and lemon slices over chuckar.
Baste with sauce. Bake until breasts are tender and juices run clear.
Then bake additional 15-30 minutes longer.
To serve arrange breasts and pineapple slices on platter. Strain sauce if desired, salt and pepper to taste.
- 8 whole chuckar (skin on)
- 1 (20 ounces) can sliced pineapples, drained and juice reserved
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper